Saturday, January 07, 2006

C is for Cookie . . .

And G is for girl scout and for the first time in a very long time a girl scout came to my door selling cookies. YIPPEE!! And thankfully we can pay her when the cookies arrive, which gives us almost two months to "save up" for our cookies.

Usually I don't even know it's cookies season until little gangs of girl scouts start hanging out in front of the Walmart and Kroger selling their addictive treats. I pounce on them before they can pounce on me. I am an eager cookie buyer, hoping they will have my favorite cookie - Dosie-Dos (as we called it when I was a girl scout), also known as the Peanut Butter Sandwich.

It seems to be a rare commodity. Either it's a big seller and they are always sold out before I find them, or they aren't a big seller and the few other devotees have found them before I have. Either way I sometimes don't get my fix. I then have to prowl the surrounding towns looking for girl scouts selling cookies, hoping that this will be the location that has my favorite cookie.

Aaahh, but this year, I was able to preorder as many boxes as I my little heart desired. There will be no cookie shortage at our house this year. I will have four beautiful boxes of Dosie-Dos.

Only 4?? What was I thinking? Get that girl scout back here. FOUR boxes won't last me two weeks. I have to have more than four . . .

No comments: