Monday, February 20, 2006

My Very Own MeMe

Five Strange/Different/Interesting Things From Your Childhood

1. At the tender age of 2ish I rode my first bull (on a friends farm, in the winter, wearing a pink coat, it was probably a cow not a bull and I don't have a real memory of this, but there is a photo)

2. I kissed my first boy in Kindergarten (it was only a peck on the cheek and he was my on and off again boyfriend through the 5th grade)

3. In the 5th grade I played kissing tag during almost every recess (again the kisses were pecks, this time on the lips. Strange game - kissing tag. We had 3 or 4 "couples" playing and we only ever chased our own)

4. One summer my best friend and I wrote a neighborhood newpaper. We weren't more than 10. We put in jokes and interviewed each other and other things we were interested in. It was only one page folded in half. And then we delivered it. Not to the other kids in our cul-de-sac, but to the adults. I still have a copy of one of the issues. It's a hoot. Oh and we typed each one.

5. Another time the same friend and I made cakes in an easy bake oven and sold them to the neighbors. But we put too much baking soda in and they tasted terrible. Sold them anyway.

6. Once my brothers and I had a "water stand." It's like a lemonade stand, but we didn't have any lemonade so we sold glasses of water for a nickel. It wasn't even ice water. And we didn't have paper cups so our customers had to stand there and drink their water and then we'd take the cups inside and wash them. What were we thinking?

No comments: