Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Tan

There is something wrong with getting a tan while hanging the Christmas lights.

I know there is only a week left before Christmas, but the kids have been begging me to decorate the house and when I started the project there was almost two weeks left until Christmas, and I have been looking for the suction cups I needed to hang the wreaths on the windows even though I could only reach 4 of the 10 windows that should get wreaths and any way we now have a 5 of wreaths, 3 strands of rope lights along the porch - and just so you know the clips that hold those ropes lights on are not coming off - and 3 small lighted trees. Hopefully the kids are happy with it, cause we don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the rest of the windows and it just might be too much work to borrow one from the neighbor and I just don't think I'm up for hanging the icicle lights - but again I'd need the ladder. But now back to the point of the story.

It was 70 degrees yesterday while I was hanging Christmas lights. I had to change into a short sleeve shirt. I worked up a little bit of a sweat. It's just wrong.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't want New England winters. I am morally opposed to jackets (you do the jacket thing for 5 kids and see how fond of jackets you are). The putting on to walk to the car, the complaining because they are too hot with their jackets on while in the car, the taking them off and keeping up with them while in the store/church/where ever. I'd just rather not.

But 70 degrees a week before Christmas? I don't need to freeze but a little chill would certainly help me feel like it was Christmas.

No comments: